We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website may provide links to other websites of interest. Please note that Bakerwell does not have any control over websites we provide links to. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites which are not governed by this privacy statement.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can make a request to update or remove your personal information from our records by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect your data
When you use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly: When you use our services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your work contact information, job role and accounts contact information and incorporation number, vat and bank account details.
Information we get for third parties: The majority of information we collect we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal contact data from you for other persons, such as project team members and adjacent landowners. We use this information in order to meet the terms of our contract for the services provided.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services.
How we use your data
Bakerwell use your data to provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us, we are required to send to you
- operational communications, like changes to our contact details and services
- marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
To support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues, whether by email, telephone or otherwise.
To market our services: In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your company details to display case studies of projects we have worked on together.
Information collected will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
How we share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- other personnel at your company
- third party personnel (only with your consent), for example, landowners/local councillors in order that they speak to the correct person regarding the project
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- other people where we have your consent.