Bakerwell Limited are looking for an ecologist with at least four years experience since entering the industry to join our Kent office. The ideal candidate will have a graduate/post graduate degree in related topic, be a member of CIEEM, hold protected species licence/s. Be experienced in designing and leading field surveys, managing junior and subcontracted staff, the production of complete professional reports and plans in QGIS, and EPSML applications. Applicants should have their own vehicle and be prepared to travel.
To apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the role.
The successful candidate will:
Be passionate about ecology and conservation, be enthusiastic, creative, literate, self-motivated, conscientious and reliable, be confident working independently and be an inspiring member of our team.
- Be a core member of the Bakerwell Ltd team supporting Directors Fiona Baker and Donna Popplewell to deliver high quality ecological outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Organise and carrying out ecological surveys and produce a range of survey reports including habitat and protected species surveys, reports and licence applications.
- Produce survey mitigation and management plans
- Work in collaboration with the team to design effective species mitigation and ecological enhancement schemes.
- Liaise with organisations, site contractors and sub-contractors on behalf of Bakerwell Limited.
Skills & Qualifications
- Based in Kent and prepared to work from Bakerwell Ltd Office (currently in Dover)
- A degree in ecology or a related subject.
- Protected species licence/s
- Good plant identification skills
- At least four years experience within a consultancy environment.
- Experience in a range of habitat and field surveys, analysing and interpreting data and writing professional level reports.
- A good understanding of the planning process and of appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Applicants should have membership of CIEEM.
- Good level of fitness appropriate to a range of outdoor surveys in any weather.
- Proven success of working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven evidence of communication at a variety of levels.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and manage multiple projects.
- Applicants will need to hold a UK driving licence, have their own vehicle, be prepared to travel to different sites and to flexible and work ecology survey hours.
- A post graduate qualification in relevant subject area.
- Higher level reporting and EPSML application preparation.
- CIEEM associate membership or higher.
- Valid CSCS card.
- QGIS skills.
- High level of plant identification skills evidenced by course certificates or other means.
What we offer
- The chance to work and develop your career with a growing company.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- 28 (including bank holidays) days annual leave.
- All employees are invited to join our pension scheme.
- Working week of 37.5 hrs with TOIL for out of hours surveys.
- Friendly working environment.
- Tailored training and mentoring program.
Bakerwell Limited aim to be the consultancy of choice for our clients in the South, recognised for our commitment to providing a clearly communicated, bespoke and innovative approach. Bakerwell are a growing company building a team of staff that are engaged and passionate about the work they do and the clients they work with. We strive to be an exemplar ecological consultancy and have a diverse project portfolio resulting in high quality, biodiverse urban environments.
We undertake a wide range of ecological surveys across the South and occasionally further afield. We are a passionate, fun and flexible team with a strong work ethic. Our team currently work between two office bases in Kent and Sussex and meet regularly for training or collaborative work on larger projects.
Please send a CV, detailing relevant skills and experience and a cover letter to email@example.com